Meditations for Beating Burnout
Workshop in London on 2 April, 2021
A Rejuvenating Day of Meditation Dedicated to Beating Burnout
Are You Suffering From Burnt-Out? Some telltale signs are regularly feeling:
If this is familiar and you’re ready to make a change, please read on…
What is Burnout and How Can Meditation Help?
Burnout occurs when you’ve fried your autonomic nervous system. Probably by working long hours, feeling under continuous pressure or working in unfavourable conditions (not uncommon during the pandemic).
When you feel ‘Stressed’ your mind and body feel under constant threat (e.g like a bear is chasing you). Your mind is in high beta brain waves and your body produces stress hormones to help you cope with what seems like imminent danger. No matter how strong you think you are – no human being can cope under these conditions long-term.
And whats worse, is that the rush of these stress hormones can be addictive, leading you to desire more of the stress (at some level) because life feels boring without it. The longer you live this way, the more you are conditioning your mind/body and engraining these negative habits. It becomes even more difficult to break the cycle.
Unsure if you’re suffering from burnout or on the brink of burnout? Heres a good resource to help you Spot Burnout (by the Mayo Clinic)
How Can Meditation Help?
It may seem easier to find new job or go on a holiday, but these are often short-term fixes that do not address your underlying problem, so you are likely to fall back into this cycle again at some point.
Meditation is not the silver bullet, but it is an essential part of your toolkit to deal with burnout.
It will help you find long term, lasting relief because it helps you to recognize the cycle, disrupt the negative patterns and form new positive patterns (essentially rewiring your brain).
Here’s What You’ll Discover at this Workshop:
This workshop is created with the busy professional in mind. I know you’re plate is already overflowing, so the meditations and tools you will experience are bite-sized, simple and powerful.
Your toolkit will include powerful Reset Techniques, Active Meditations and 10-minute meditations to help you easily incorporate meditation into your busy day (as well as longer meditations to deepen your experience).
You will experience meditations specific to beating burnout, helping you to:
By experiencing these methods and building your personal toolkit, you will leave the day feeling:
And On Top of All This:
- You will take part in activities you cant experience online. We will be meditating in nature, using the complementary the power of sound (singing bowls) and doing walking meditations.
- You will experience the power of group meditation. Many students find meditating in a group to be a powerful experience.
What’s Included and Price:
The Weekend Workshop Includes:
Group Meditation Sessions
- 5.5 hours of teachings, guided meditations, questions and sharing each day
- Powerful techniques to complement the meditation including light movement techniques (asanas) and the use of sound to revitalise your energy system (chakras).
Light Snacks and Refreshments
- includes selection of hot drinks, fresh fruit and biscuits throughout over the period of the weekend.
Bonus 1: Membership to Online Classes (2 Sessions)
- invitation to join 2 live interactive online classes within 60 days after the workshop to help you continue practicing.
Bonus 2: Your personalized ‘Beat Burnout Toolkit’ which includes:
- Powerful Reset Techniques to help you ‘press pause’ amidst your busy day (yes even when have back-to-back meetings)
- 10-minute Meditations that you can use when you’re really strapped for time
- Longer Meditations for the times when you’re under extra stress or pressure and you need to experience deeper levels of stillness.
- Active Meditations that you can easily incorporate into your day (e.g walking meditations).
- Standard Price – £190
- Members Price – £165 (15% off)
Violet Hill Studios, 6 Violet Hill, St. Johns Wood, London NW8 9EB
Nearest tube stations: Maida Vale (Bakerloo) 4 minute walk or St. Johns Wood (Jubilee) 8 minute walk
Parking available at weekends
Saturday 2 April, 2022 from 10:30am until 5:00pm (which includes 1 hour for lunch)